Monday, January 24, 2005

Yup, Boxer's Lost It

I don't have a specific link for this one, but I caught it on Fox and Friends this morning. Yeah, that horrible "right" slanted news organization who broadcasts such terrible propaganda, the truth.

Anyhow, Senator Barbara Boxer has been taking criticism for her remarks last week in Dr. Condoleeza Rice's confirmation hearings. You will remember that Senator Boxer accused Dr. Rice of lying to the Congress and the public regarding the existence of weapons of mass destruction. After coming off as a rabid chihuahua attacking a rag doll, Senator Boxer now plays the "victim" card. Sen. Boxer now says that Dr. Rice's response to being called a lair, was an attack in itself.

"Senator, we can have this discussion in any way that you would like," Rice replied. "But I really hope that you will refrain from impugning my integrity."

Ok, so where's the attack? I don't see it. Sorry, Sen. Boxer, calling yourself a victim just doesn't make it so. This kind of ploy makes me think of one of those card games a la Magic the Gathering, where a player suddenly produces a random card to pull their bacon out of the fire.

Your advanced National Security Advisor is tearing me up. Therefore I will play my "Become the Victim Card" on my "Two-Bit Political Hack." All following attacks will reflect off said Hack back to the attacking character.

So, is her view of reality so skewed by her blind hatred of the Bush administration that she really believes that she was attacked? Or is she just playing the victim card to try to deflect the heat she is taking for acting like a partisan hack?