Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Apology NOT Accepted

Not that he apologized, or that I am the one he should be apologizing to, but good 'ol DICK tried to placate the masses by making a half-assed non-apology.

WASHINGTON A week after comparing interrogation at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp to the methods of Nazis and other repressive regimes, Sen. Dick Durbin apologized on the Senate floor.

That is the official take on it from the MSM, but you have to read his words very carefully. This is no fucking apology! Dick is turning into a cosumate word-smith in the school of Bill "it depends on what is is" Clinton.

"Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line," said the Illinois Democrat, at times holding back tears. "To them I extend my heartfelt apologies."

So, let me translate from word-twisting liberalese. "Some Red-State, meatheads have gotten mad that I equated U.S. soldiers with goose-stepping, genocidal Nazis, and I am sorry I pissed them off."

Most important is what he didn't say. He didn't say that he was wrong. He didn't say that he mis-spoke. He didn't say I'm sorry I equated your sons, daughters, fathers, husbands with Nazis, Communists, and Cambodian murderers.

This is not an apology. This was a carefully crafted statement, that the MSM apologists can then call an apology and try to pass off on the ignorant masses. Well, its not working. This is bullshit. Dick, I still refuse to use his title in conjunction with his name, needs to make a REAL apology, in person, to the people he called Nazis, the troops at Gitmo. He then needs to resign from the Senate in disgrace, and haul his sorry ass back home. In the mean time the Senate, both republicans and democrats, need to censure Dick's ass.